Saturday, February 24, 2018

Shine Bright

Hello Friendly Friends!
Let's talk about glitter. Basically, it's my favorite thing in the world, and my least favorite thing all in one. There is nothing that makes a card sing more than some open sprinkles of shimmer... but it gets EVERYWHERE.


I am fairly certain my vacuum cleaner is the sparkliest and fanciest sucking machine around.


I started my design with some black cardstock and nice layer of Fossilized Amber Distress Oxides. I spritzed it with a little bit o' water to create some dimension.


Next, I used some gold texture paste through the Strobes stencil and then pressed some loose glitter into it.


I used my heat tool gun to make the texture paste dry. I also love the way it makes the paste crack and bubble.


I stamped and embossed a lightbulb from the Shining Bright stamp set on a piece of heavyweight vellum.


I love how inspirational this set is! 


I cut out the lightbulb and applied a thin layer of glue to the back, then busted out the glitter for real, pressing it into the glue. 


I put all the pieces together, along with a sentiment from the same Shining Bright stamp set.
This card really shines in the sunlight! I can't wait to give it to someone! 

Thanks for popping by!

10 comments:

  1. This is a glorious use of materials. Super inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the mixed media you've used together, especially your use of the glitter. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww... Fantastic mixed media card Becca!!! Pinned immediately!
    https://it.pinterest.com/pin/534802524495717975/
    Such clever use of glitter and that stamp set is just awesome, you have used it so creatively!!!! Love any detail of your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Becca... I really wish I had more time and was able to visit here more often... this is so awesome and so inspirational... perfect for beginning a day of creating. LOVE all of the cool techniques here... that glitter in the lightbulb and in the texture past... and love the fossilized amber on the black paper.. this is just so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a thrill to see how you created this card. I love the round glitter you used on the lightbulb. A fun card indeed

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Becca, this is just too cool! I love that shaker element and the gold embossing paste background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not that's some sparkle and shine! Spectacular card Becca!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How gorgeous and glittery Becca - love it!!!!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete